- What personal information is collected from you through the Website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your personal information;
- The security procedures in place to protect your personal information; and
How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Collection, use, and sharing
We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. We may engage third party service providers to process personal information on our behalf, but such third parties will be restricted to using personal information only for the purposes we set out and may not use or disclose it for any other purpose.
We may collect your personal information, including your name, feedback, contact and web-activity information, for one of the following purposes: (1) to send newsletter(s) to subscribers and (2) to sign up or register for community programs. Voluntary survey information may also be collected and may be used for a variety of internal purposes to review and improve the services we provide.
Your access to and control over information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- See what personal information we have collected about you, if any.
- Change/correct any personal information we have collected about you.
- Have us delete any personal information we have collected about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your personal information.
When you submit personal information via the Website, we take precautions to protect your information both online and offline.
Wherever we collect personal information, it is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https:" at the beginning of the address of the website.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to address your inquiry are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Signing up for a newsletter and community programs
When signing up for a newsletter (“Newsletter”) or community programs, a user is required to provide certain information that will be used to contact the individual regarding the Newsletter or the community programs you sign up for. Third-party vendors will collect and store the information that you provide to sign up for the Newsletter or community programs in the following ways:
- The information that you provide when completing a form is stored in the WordPress content management system. Ninja Forms also collects this information via the Ninja Forms plug-in; the information is subsequently sent to Mailchimp to provide you with the Newsletter subscription services that you signed up for.
- SendGrid's email delivery platform will be used to send emails from the site, as such, they will also receive and store the email address that you provide.
The Website contains may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
To enable us to improve our services and improve your experience, we partner with WordPress and Google Analytics to obtain aggregated and anonymized information about user data. Our partners will collect website user data for the purpose of preparing statistical reports that we will use to review and improve our services. You may have the option to opt out of default user data collection practices via certain browser settings, using third party browser plug-ins and other privacy controls.